NOTICE TO BIDDERS
1. Sealed bids will be received by the Town of Roxbury, hereinafter referred to as the “Owner,” until 3:00 pm, Thursday, October 8th, 2015, at the Town Clerk’s Office, 53690 State Highway 30, Main Street, Roxbury, NY 12474, at which time said bids will be publicly opened and read aloud for:
Contract No. 1 – DPW Garage Generator
Contract No. 1 shall include all tools, labor, material and equipment necessary to:
Provide a new 80 KW diesel generator and automatic transfer switch to serve the existing DPW Garage and an existing radio antenna on-site; remove existing generator that serves the radio antenna; and provide wiring from the new generator to existing automatic transfer switch that feeds the radio antenna. Work also includes related site work for the new generator. Under base bid, owner shall retain the removed generator for future salvage.
Deductive Alternate No. 1.1 – Contractor salvage of existing generator.
2. All bids must be made on the blank form of proposal included in bidding documents.
3. A bidder may withdraw any proposal submitted prior to the hour set for the closing of the bids provided the request is signed in a manner identical with the proposal being withdrawn.
4. The Owner will be responsible for payment in accordance with the terms of the contract when the work is completed.
5. The Owner is exempt from New York State sales taxes on material, supplies, and equipment to be permanently incorporated in the Work. Tax Exemption No. 15-6001121. Said taxes shall not be included in the Bid.
6. A complete set of Bidding and Contract Documents may be obtained from Lamont Engineers upon payment of a $50.00 deposit. Full deposit refund for the returned set will be made provided that the complete set of Bidding and Contract Documents (Project Manual) is returned to Lamont Engineers, postage paid and in good condition within 30 days after Bid Opening. Any sets returned after the 30-day period are non-refundable. Additional sets of Bidding and Contract Documents may be obtained upon payment of a $25.00 deposit for each set. Deposits for additional sets will be returned less the actual cost of reproduction if the complete sets are returned in good condition within the 30-day period. Requests for delivered sets of Bidding and Contract Documents will be honored overnight upon receipt of a non-refundable fee of $25.00 per set for handling and delivery.
7. The Town Board of the Town of Roxbury reserves the right to waive any informalities or irregularities in the bids received and to reject any or all bids without explanation.
8. The existing DPW Garage site and facilities (52508 State Highway 30, Roxbury) will be open for review by bidders on Tuesday, September 29th, 2015 from 10:00AM-12:00 Noon. If bidders are unable to make this time, they may try to schedule an appointment with the Highway Superintendent Stephen Schuman (607 326-4222).
9. Please refer all questions to Jeffrey M. Laban, Project Manager, Lamont Engineers, P.C., (518) 234-4028.
September 23, 2015
Town of Roxbury