- Sealed bids will be received by the Town of Roxbury, hereinafter referred to as the “Owner,” until 2:15 PM, Friday, October 6, 2017, at the Town Clerk’s Office, 53690 State Highway 30, Main Street, Roxbury, NY 12474, at which time said bids will be publicly opened and read aloud for Grand Gorge Civic Center Roof Replacement:
Contract No. 1 – Roof Replacement
Under the Base Bid, Contract No. 1 shall include all tools, labor, material and equipment necessary to:
Remove existing membrane roof on the lower roof of Civic Center, repair decking, provide new membrane roof with all required appurtenances, and dispose of all materials removed. Approximate lower roof area is 6300 SF.
Additive Alternate No. 1 will add the upper roof of the Civic Center to the project. Approximate upper roof area is 4300 SF.
- All bids must be made on the blank form of proposal attached hereto.
- A bidder may withdraw any proposal submitted prior to the hour set for the closing of the bids provided the request is signed in a manner identical with the proposal being withdrawn.
- The Owner will be responsible for payment in accordance with the terms of the contract when the work is completed.
- The Owner is exempt from New York State sales taxes on material, supplies, and equipment to be permanently incorporated in the Work. Tax Exemption No. 15-6001121. Said taxes shall not be included in the Bid.
- A complete set of Bidding and Contract Documents may be obtained from Lamont Engineers upon payment of a $50.00 deposit. Full deposit refund for the returned set will be made provided that the complete set of Bidding and Contract Documents (Project Manual) is returned to Lamont Engineers, postage paid and in good condition within 30 days after Bid Opening. Any sets returned after the 30-day period are non-refundable. Additional sets of Bidding and Contract Documents may be obtained upon payment of a $25.00 deposit for each set. Deposits for additional sets will be returned less the actual cost of reproduction if the complete sets are returned in good condition within the 30-day period. Requests for delivered sets of Bidding and Contract Documents will be honored overnight upon receipt of a non-refundable fee of $25.00 per set for handling and delivery.
- Prospective bidders who obtain electronic project documents are responsible to contact Lamont Engineers, P.C. to register their contact information on the project documents distribution list for the purposes of receiving bidding Addenda and other bidding information.
- The Town Board of the Town of Roxbury reserves the right to waive any informalities or irregularities in the bids received and to reject any or all bids without explanation.
- A Pre-bid meeting will be held with the Engineer at the Grand Gorge Civic Center (60933 State Highway 30, Grand Gorge) on Thursday, September 28th, 2017 at 10:00 AM (see Document 00860 for Location Map). Please refer all questions to Michael D. Harrington, Principal Engineer, Lamont Engineers, P.C., (518) 234-4028.
Date: September 20, 2017
Town of Roxbury